Tuesday, September 20, 2011

#76 Refashion a Shirt

Do you every have shirts in your closet that you never wear? I happen to have more of those than I would care to admit. (I seem to wear the same five shirts over and over until they are only hanging on by a thread...literally. It's kind of embarrasing.) One night, I went a little crazy and decided to refashion a few of my t-shirts in my closet that I never wear. One I added lace, another I splatter-painted with my cousin, and another I added ruffles. They didn't quite turn out as glorious as they were in my mind (and I have continued to alter them since these pics where taken), but they are definitely better than they were! And it was fun. I think I am starting to tap into my domestic side....it's about time!
Here is the end product:
This one is by far my favorite. But I also have a slight love affair with stripes.

Can you see the hidden picture? :) I hated the neckline on the pink one after I finished it...so I changed it. Thank goodness for siccors.


I had so much fun that I now have a pile of shirts from closet that I will try to refashion. I don't want to get too ambitious though...haha.

5 comments:

  1. I am obseesed with stripes-probably would marry them if I could! Glad to know I am not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out great! So cute! I love refashioning things. I think I'm blogstalking about a zillion crafting/refashioning blogs right now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! There are some cute refashioned shirts that I've seen on Pinterest if you are in need of more ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they turned out really great! I agree, I love the lace one. I love refashioning things, but I'm the opposite, I can't let go of a single thing in my closet! haha. I recently refashioned a tank top into a bodycon skirt, if you'd like to see here's the link:
    http://buttonsnbows101.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-to-make-bodycon-skirt-from-old-tank.html

    will subscribe and can't wait to see what other projects you do :)

    ReplyDelete